Updated: May 8, 2022
Looking for a super delicious, savory treat that's easy? LOOK NO FURTHER!
Here's what you need to make this delicious recipe!
*4 Portobello Mushrooms (the bigger the better)
*1 Brick Cream Cheese
*3-4 slices of Bacon
*5-6 Scallion Onions
*2 cups Italian Blend Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella is fine, Colby Jack is good too)
*1 tsp Italian Seasoning (or to taste)
* 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Take the cream cheese out of the fridge while you prepare everything. It's not 100% necessary, but it does make the cream cheese easier to stir if it's softened a bit.
* Cook the bacon all the way, cut it into little bits. Set aside.
*Cut the stems off the portobello mushrooms if they have them. You can also chop them up for the mixture (We do, but you don't have to.)
*Cut the scallion onions
*Flash fry the scallions and mushroom tops to cook them a bit.
1. In a large bowl-mix cream cheese, bacon pieces, portobello stems (not the caps), scallions & salt.
2. Once the mixture is ready, spoon it generously into the washed mushroom caps.
3. Use the shredded cheese on top to completely cover the mixture (The cheese should be lightly pressed on) This keeps the cream cheese mixture from falling out of the mushroom
4. Sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning blend.
**Lightly grease a baking pan (spray oil is fine and recommended)
**Place the mushroom caps in the pan, and cook for 28 minutes.
** After cooking for 28 minutes, turn the caps on high broil to brown the cheese. You need to watch them because they can burn quickly.
Serve! You will be hooked on this easy recipe that feels like a gourmet appetizer!
(psssst you can use this in jalapenos too!)